Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

French Toast Oatmeal and Egg White Pancakes

So now I'm writing things that make me happy, I'm going to start posting new recipes, things I'm trying out, changing or inventing myself. 
I recently did a lot of googling, and stumbled across Demi Lovato's 'What I eat in a Week' over on Women's Health. 
I noticed she ate Oatmeal and Egg White Pancakes for breakfast everyday, granted hers were with applesauce and fruit, not syrup and cinnamon, but I became intrigued. 
I love porridge, eggs and pancakes, so this kind of seemed like a pancake-alternative of oatmeal cookies. Which sounded strange, but delightful. 

After looking around the internet for about fifteen minutes, I gauged the general idea of which ingredients to use. You can always use different toppings if cinnamon isn't your favourite, something like plums, nectarines or cherries are my favourites. You can also add protein powder if that's your thing, but I wanted something that didn't necessarily require it. 
This recipe is also all in cups, because I'm a lazy arsehole in the morning and can't be bothered with scales. 

This recipe is also for either two thicker pancakes or three to four thin pancakes, depending on how large you make them. So this is really a recipe for ONE, but you can easily multiply it up, I have faith in your maths skills! 

French Toast Oatmeal and Egg White Pancakes

1/3 Cup Oats (Scott's Porridge Oats are the BEST, but we only had Quaker Oats - Sad Times) 
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Egg Whites (although these are Duck Eggs, so are quite large, if using smaller-size chicken eggs use 3)
2-3tsp Truvia/Stevia 
Cinnamon
Syrup
Pure Spread - Olive Oil (or whatever alternative you want to fry your pannies in - Coconut oil etc.) 


Method

1. Measure the oats, almond milk, egg whites, baking powder and sweetener into a deep dish or measuring jug. 
2. Use a stick blender to blitz it up to a thin liquid, you can use a blender but stick blenders are so much easier and quicker to clean

3. Heat your Pure Olive Oil Spread in a small frying pan, or whatever oil/butter etc. you choose. 
4. Pour in about 1/3 of the liquid and fry until golden on the base, then flip and fry until golden. 

5. Pop it on your plate and repeat steps 1-4 until you've cooked the entire mixture. 
6. Sprinkle over a bunch of cinnamon, the more the better, and drizzle with your favourite maple syrup. 

7. DEMOLISH! 

I seriously hope you do try this one out, it's seriously weird and hippy-dippy sounding, but it's actually really, really good and is definitely the oatmeal cookie equivalent of pancakes. 
I'll be trying these with a few other toppings over the coming weeks or so, so look out on my Instagram for more combinations and recipes! - @SteffMaverick 
post signature

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar