Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Monthly Favourites: January 2020

It's been a while since I have written a favourites as Christmas content has been my main focus for a while but I am bringing them back. New Year, New Favourites, that's how it works right. Since the last time I wrote a favourites, obviously Christmas has happened and so have the post Christmas sales which means I've had quite a few new products come into my life.

Quite often my favourites can come across as focusing on one particular topic such as fashion or beauty, it sort of depends on how I am feeling that month but this month there is a mix of everything. I have to say this does not surprise me as I know my spending over the past two months has been more varied than usual. Anyway let's get into it shall we.


The Kooples

Would it be sales season without me buying something from The Kooples? I adore The Kooples, the clothes are so beautifully designed and I want the person who does all of their imagery to style my life because the way they picture the clothes for the website is a dream. The Kooples is a high end, high street store. They aren't quite designer but they aren't cheap. Personally I love the modern cuts and details with the more casual style and there is a juxtapoistion between feminine prints and masculine cuts. In a way it is sort of an elevated All Saints.

As it is so expensive I can't often treat myself to pieces from the brand but I wish I could. Instead I have to wait for sale season and this season I managed to get a complete gem. At the start of the season I look at the collection and pick out a few pieces which I want to keep my eye on, the Short Floral Dress was one of these pieces. Eventually it went into sale and I managed to get it for 50% off and with an additional 10% off that price.

This dress is my Summertime dream. I love a tea dress for Summer and if it has a floral print I am even more sold. This dress appealed to me from the moment I saw it and I knew it would be something I would wear a lot. I bought mine in a size 0 as it is actually quite big for The Kooples but I am so in love with this dress. I have already worn it even though it is Winter simply because I was so excited by it. Prepare to see this dress a lot during the warmer months.


Astrid & Miyu

I am not a massive jewellery wearer, I literally wear the same everyday and all of it is Rose Gold. The only thing I occasionally swap is my watch, that's it. However, when I do buy jewellery I do not like anything to chunky, in fact the daintier the better, that is why Astrid & Miyu are currently one of my favourite jewellery brands. 

For my Birthday last year I decided to get a piercing in their St. Christopher's Place store and that was how I started out with the brand. I cannot fault the piercing, it was the quickest one I've had done in terms of how long it took to heal and I have had no problems with it. Since then I have always kept an eye on the brand. Previously I've bought a couple of earrings from them but nothing else, that was up until this sale season. 

When the sale started I went straight online to have a look and there were a few pieces I liked but nothing that made me want to part with my cash straight away. Then some of the Boyfriend Collection was added in a second sales drop and I wanted most of it. The collection held some really lovely, quite plain, slightly more chunky pieces which I really liked. However there was one piece that I knew I had to get. 

I always wear a ring on my right hand ring finger but I always felt my left hand looked a bit plain so I have been looking for a ring for my index ring for a while. When I saw the Boyfriend Slim Band Ring in the sale I knew it was what I had been looking for and bought the Rose Gold one immediately. I have been wearing it everyday since and I love the way it looks. It definitely looks better when I have false nails on but I am still really enjoying wearing it.



Emporio Armani

I change my fragrance almost daily but not many have elicited so many compliments. I have been wearing the Emporio Armani In Love With You Perfume basically all month and I didn't think it came across that strongly but so many people have commented on how nice I smell. I think it is one of the best compliments and I never want to smell so this automatically makes this perfume a success in my eyes. 

In Love With You embodies everything I like about a fragrance, it has a fruity top note which includes Cherry, a floral heart note which I think the Rose dominates and Patchouli in the base. It all works together to make quite a sweet, yet classic fragrance which I love. I bought this in the sales so I got a 50ml for the price of a 30ml and I am so pleased because I have been wearing this a lot and I anticipate wearing it religiously for the coming months. 


Caudalie

I've been called a Princess a fair few times in my life because I am demanding and high maintenance so it does make me wonder why it took so long for me to try the ultimate Princess product, the Beauty Elixir from Caudalie. It is widely known as a Princess product as it certainly isn't necessary, making it a luxury.

I had never tried it because I've never really used facial sprays but during 2019 I really got into them which lead me to finally trying the Caudalie one. I bought a Christmas limited edition bauble from Space NK that came in a pink bottle and I've already almost used it all up because it is such a gorgeous product. This smells almost like aromatherapy, there is something cleansing about the way it smells. Personally I really like this scent and I find it incredibly calming but I don't know if everyone would enjoy it.

My favourite thing about the entire product is the mist. I've tried quite a few facial sprays in my time and this is easily my favourite. This comes out in such a fine mist that there are no droplets that land on your face, nor does it feel wet. It just feels reviving which is something I need. I will definitely be buying this again when I finish this bottle. 


Charlotte Tilbury

I did not anticipate ever buying a Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick again because to be honest they are a mixed bag; some are really good but the ones that are bad are bad. However, despite knowing this I still bought one in the sale. What can I say, the colour appealed to me. The colour is called Rose Kiss and that sums up the shade, it is Rose coloured.

I have mixed feelings on Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and I am going to be writing a blog post on the subject but this one is definitely one of the better lipsticks I've had from the brand. It is very light when you apply it but it has a good pigmentation and it lasts well. Not only that but it genuinely looks matte on your lipsticks which doesn't always happen with the Matte Revolution lipsticks. This lipstick was only £18 and I have worn it a lot this month. 


Anastasia Beverly Hills

I didn't know I needed a Cream Contour Kit in my life until I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills one from T K Maxx. I had been keeping my eye out for this in T K Maxx for a while as I know a lot of the Contour Kits do make their way into T K Maxx. This palette was £16.99 and I have no regrets in buying it.

I have not really been using the highlight (lighter) shades but I have been loving the Contour shades. In particular I have been using a mix of Java and Light Sculpt to contour daily. I always thought a cream would have been more difficult to use and in ways it is but I have been using it with a light hand and I use it more as a bronzer rather than to chisel my cheeks. I do not want full on cheek bones when I go to work, I honestly can't be bothered, however I want a bit of definition and this gives it more subtly than some of the powders I use.

On top of foundation, I have found this really easy to blend and it looks more natural rather than being completely matte and powdery. I have never really thought of using a cream contour before because it always seemed quite extreme but using this palette has completely changed my mind on this. The only issue is I think I am going to get through these two shades really quickly and then I'm not sure what I will do with the other shades but I will face that hurdle when I get to it.



January has been the longest month but February is certainly my favourite. During February I am going to London to see the Jonas Brothers, I am going to the theatre for the first time as an adult to see The Book of Mormon and it is my Birthday! I always have a week off for my Birthday and honestly I cannot wait for the time off. Even though I had a lovely Christmas break, it already feels like I need another one.


Popular Posts of the Month:

Aldi Dupes
The End of Bourjois
IT Cosmetics CC Cream
Non-UK Brands
ABH x Alyssa Edwards










Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar