Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Maybelline sucks more and more

I never really thought about it, but a lot of products I've bought from Maybelline have been disappointing to me. I'm going to try and make a list.

Baby Lips Gloss:



I literally got sick when I smelled it, it's very toxic! The glitter is also not "baby", it doesn't give you a natural glow, not even a hint of color, no volume, it's just a clear glue like gloss with harsh glitter in it, like something from an ultra cheap store.

Superstay Lipstick:



Again a very disgusting scent, so bad that I had to throw it away. It reminder me of liquor with fruit in it, or something you drink in winter. Eeesh! The colors weren't nice either, all very disco-ish.

Superstay powder:



Looks quite fake and powdery.

Bricks Bronzer:



The bronzer itself doesn't deposit any color onto my skin. So I twirl my brush around in it, then try to swatch it on my arm and there is nothing. I swipe my finger over it and nothing. I have to swipe it a few times before I get some color on my finger. Same on the face, it's almost impossible to contour with this stuff. The shade is too coppery for me anyways. The highlighter looks pretty but it's way too coppery as well when you mix the little shades. It makes me look very fake and blotchy.

Eyestudio Eyeshadow



The shades get ruined easily, they just pop out of the container at some point and then shatter. Also the lid has come off a few times. They do have some nice shades though. But the applicators are made of low quality foam that kind of drags on the skin.

Big Eyes Eyeshadow



So this was a thing a few years ago and it had the most glittery, dusty, messy eyeshadow that was hard to reach with an applicator without mixing the colors. Also there wasn't a lot of product before hitting the pan. To top it off, the colors weren't pigmented enough and all had the same lightness.

Baby Blush and Balm



I get the idea of this, it's like that Météorite Bubble that Guerlain came up with a while ago in a coral red and orange and that now nobody is using :) except, you can also use this one as a lip balm, because, surprise, it's not pigmented enough to be a blush anyways. I understand that the point of the "baby" look is to look natural and fresh with just a few rosey shades, but this product is too wet and slippery to give a good result and it's not suitable to put over foundation or powder, let alone that it would be good to touch up powder over this.

Foundations



I've tried most of the Maybelline foundations and most of them had bad shades, were too thick and too oily. Also the caps usually smudge.

Mascara



The one thing Maybelline is very well known for, it just can't seem to get right. A lot of their mascaras are disappointing and there is way too much choice considering most of them look the same. The worst one was the One By One, which stabbed my lash line everytime I swiped my lashes. I had to throw it away.

Now that I see this I realise how much money I have wasted on Maybelline. I didn't know it was that bad. Considering Maybelline is owned by L'Oreal, L'Oreal is just as crappy too. I'm terrified to use any moisturisers by them, just imagine what it does to face after reading all this. How is it affecting my skin?

So is there anything good about Maybelline? I do like their Dream Concealer and their oriental Express black eyepencils, but I do get a lot of eye roughness lately and I'm not sure if it from trying Maybelline concealer, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara,... oh god I need to throw it out.

x

Helena

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar