Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Leighton Denny: Crystal Nail File


Diamonds are a girl's best friend? ... no Crystals are :)

Background Info on the packaging ...

"Leighton Denny - 4 times winner of Nail Technicians of the Year - hanbag.com 2011 Award Winner"

 The finest lead crystal has been specially treated to create a superior nail file with a filling surface guaranteed to last a lifetime. This professional length file allows long even strokes and is perfect for fingers and toes alike.

Instructions: Good practice is to always file from the side of the nail towards the middle. If you prefer, the Crystal Nail File can be used back and forth - the only file that can be used in this way. File nails to a gentle curve echoing the shape of the cuticle. keep nails filed to an even length, it looks better than a mix of long and short nails.

Rinse file in warm water from time to time to clean and restore performance.

Note: Crystal can break so protect the file when not in use.

Lifetime Guarantee  The surface of this Crystal Nail File is hardened to provide a lifetime's usage. I the quality of the filing surface at any time diminishes in its efficacy we will replace it free of charge.

Please note: The guarantee is invalidated if the file is otherwise damaged or abused.

Made in the EU. Designed and assembled in the Uk

www.leightondenny.com"

Retail price £15.50 

My thoughts ....

I have tried a glass nail file before. Admittedly it was from Wilkinson and whilst it did file ok - it was certainly nothing to rave about. In fact the Wilkinson nail file didn't live very long under my care - I think I stepped on it, which resulted in a shrug and immediate disposal (cruel I know).

After that rather dismal experience, I vowed to stick to emery boards and fine grits until ... I read some reviews and watched some videos about the wonderful and economical crystal nail files that would save you money in the long term and be great on your nails. So I bit the bullet and decided to invest ...

...

I love this nail file. I didn't think I would but I do. Its surprisingly sharp and immediately files nails into a smooth even finish. My nails seem to have grown out stronger than before and I seem to get less breakage. My nail routine hasn't changed much (pretty basic ... with far too much acetone) and I think I have Leighton Denny to thank for it :)

Oh and if that hasn't persuaded you to buy ...  just think for a moment about the environment. About the fact that through using a crystal nail file you could be saving a tree and saving money. Think of all those countless emery boards that you have thrown in the bin because, they were ineffective or simply wore out. Think of the lifetime guarantee provided, think of the future ... spend on your hands. Those hands that toil and pillage for the right to look pretty, to be healthy and cared for. The nails that look oh so decadent in polish ... 

OK enough already. If that hasn't planted the seeds of product junkism I don't know what would. 

Seriously though it is a good buy - I'll update whether or not if its a good investment- after long term use but, for now I'm happy and hoping that I won't have to get another file for a long time :)

Alternatively ... If you are looking for a Crystal Nail File but don't like the high price of Leighton Denny's Nail File. You can try Marks & Spencer's Crystal Nail File which is cheaper than the two Denny Offer (Big £15.50,Small£12.50). M&S Crystal Nail File has good reviews and its made in the Czech Republic. Supposedly Crystal Nail Files that are made in that country are the best quality there is. So there you have an alternative. No excuse ;) 

*Quick Update* (14/04/13) I thought I lost this nail file ... for about 3 weeks I was frantically searching for it ... after searching everywhere (and I mean everywhere, searching in bin bags everywhere) I decided to give up. I was going to buy it again ... expensive but worth it. Low and behold on the very day I packed up my bag ready to stroll to boots for the re-buy ... I found it ...  in the crack between my mattress and bed (yeah I should have checked there since I used it at night time before its disappearance - but whatever).  Now I'm a frugal lady so if I'm willing to unclench £15.50 from my finger tips again for a nail file ... its a goody. Now I'm not saying this nail file will make your nails unbreakable, grow fast and look perfect but it will do its job - file your nails. It will give a smooth finish and your nails will feel/be stronger for it. My hand practices are not the best i.e. I could definitely be kinder to my nails by using less acetone, dealing with snags immediately, not cutting my nails so short with clippers and moisturiser my hands more often ... so since I've bought it - I have had nail dramas but none were caused by this nail file. I'll update this later perhaps at the end of the year (maybe in a few months) to see if the grit wears down ... it'll be interesting but for now its still in my good books & the only nail file I own :).

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar